OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health And Safety Management System
OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management systems is a globally acceptable standard. Firstly, it is already a British standard (BS 8800) published in1992 and this modified and developed by leading international standards bodies as OHSAS 18001 in 2007.
OHSAS 18001 is defines the “requirements for occupational health and safety management system and improves the organization performance”. Occupational health and safety management system in organization that identifies and control the health and safety risks of working employees. OHSAS 18001 is applicable for all types of organization who wanting to become more efficient in managing and reducing accidents in the workplace. OHSAS 18001 is compatible with similar management standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to help the organization meet its requirements.
OHSAS 18001 is one the standard in OHSAS 18000, it comprises two parts:
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational health and safety management systems specification
- OHSAS 18002 – Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001
Why OHSAS 18001 Certification?
By obtaining the OHSAS 18001 Certification business can prove to stakeholders, customers and staff that they are aware of your health and safety obligations and are looking to minimize the risks that are associated.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 standard:
- OHSAS 18001 has demonstrates the requirements of health and safety of organization in responsiveness to the customers, employees and society at large.
- Organizations will prove to their staff, suppliers and customers that they commit OHSAS system.
- Minimize the penalties of governments against health and safety in organization.
- OHSAS 18001 helps the Organization to reduce accidents & disturbance in production and reduce the Insurance Cost of business.
- Improved employee confidence.
- Improves the corporate image and boosts international competitiveness.